Top 10 Recruitment & Interview Tips
How to Hire AAA Rated People
Switching jobs is a highly emotional decision, in fact every decision we make is emotionally driven, and then approved rationally in our minds. This knowledge, when used wisely and ethically, forms the basis of your recruitment marketing process.
To hire the right people; AAA rated people, you need a AAA rated system allowing you to Attract the best candidates through your creative marketing, so that collaboratively it becomes a case of mutual Approval, and building Anticipation to realise the very best of them.
- Attraction – (Marketing) One-way deselection process:
Don't simply tell them what the job title is; tell them how this opportunity will overcome the frustration that got them looking in the first place, and get them excited about their career again. Most importantly articulate who and why you should not apply.
- Approval – (Preparation and Interview) Two-way deselection process:
- Your approval of them…Don’t tell them all about the job, what you expect of them and how they will fit it, and then as most untrained interviewers do, ask if they can do that or live up to that… They are going to say Yes! Prepare what you expect of them and the challenges they will face, and ask open questions that elicit answers… You will immediately begin to recognise as they deselect themselves.
- Their approval of you… Don't simply tell them what the company does - tell them 'why' you do what you do, and review if they are deselecting themselves… Ask pertinent questions from which you and they can determine if they can live up to the company values, and review if you can get them excited about your company, its purpose, and its future.
- Anticipation – (Interview and Probationary Period)
Don't simply tell them what they will be doing when working for you; tell them what they will get out of working for you and gauge if they get excited about their own future.
“Recruitment is not a process where you select the best candidates, it is a process of allowing candidates to deselect themselves, until you are left with the best.”
Your Top 10 Tips
Use the + Icon to unveil more
TIP 1. Save Yourself, Time, Energy, Money & Stress
TIP 2. Never Hire On Skills Alone
TIP 3. Don't Follow The Crowd
TIP 4. Plan To Succeed
TIP 5. Understand Their Hot Buttons Before You Even Meet Them
TIP 6. Use A Question Comparison Process
TIP 7. Use An Interview Ranking System
TIP 8. Shut Up
TIP 9. Never Compromise
TIP 10. Prove You Are Smart
TIP 11. Under Promise; Over Deliver
Enhance Your Interview System...
In professional recruitment and assessment, you need to gain the most powerful insights into the driving forces behind a personality. NOVODISC Behavioural Profiling:Find Out More
80% of People are Hired on the basis of their skills and fired on the basis of their behaviours or values...
Bonus - Use a combination of these 5 questions during interview to determine a persons values and how they may fit with the company values, which by definition means you 'must have' your company values articulated as your validation criteria.
- What makes you feel strong?
- What exasperates you about others?
- What compliments do you shrug off?
- What personal challenges have you had to overcome?
- How would you like people to remember you?
During Interview there is one sign above all else that you must be attuned to look out for. It is thee quintessential behavioural characteristic that will set people apart from the rest and let you know that you are hiring the right person... I look forward to sharing it with you over a virtual coffee.
Core Level Programme Synopsis
Breakthrough current barriers from Core Membership, a Low Monthly Subscription Providing Access to In-Depth Online Self Led Programmes with Strategies, Proprietary Systems & Step by Step Implementation Guides Covering All 12 Areas of Business & Leadership Growth.
Thrive Level Programme Synopsis
Take every area of your progressive SME company to the next level faster, better with full coach support in this workshop led comprehensive, real-world business, leadership & management growth programme and EXPERIENCE transformation through supported implementation.
Freedom Level Programme Synopsis
An immersive, encompassing, bespoke 1-2-1 programme, designed for those business owner / directors who are determined to achieve significant growth, succession development, sector leadership, substantial results, and an executable exit strategy. Using your current business as a case study to deliver a business, leadership, and management growth implementation programme with your team.